Featured Wine Deal
Cantine Paolini 'Gurgo' Frappato / Syrah Sicilia IGT 2007
- Varietal: 60% Frappato and 40% Syrah
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- Unit Size: 750 ml
**Now Any Order that has a Combination of 4 Bottles, Featured or Past, Will Receive Free Shipping!!**
**Best Price Online**
(winesearcher pro version)
Created by the perfect combination of the Sicilian Frappato and the International Syrah, it Expresses to the warmth of the Mediterranean thanks to its red fruit aromas and its deep, intense ruby red color. The nose is an abundance of red fruits. The Finish is Full, Rounded and Harmonious.
Varietals: 60% Frappato and 40% Syrah
Pasta, grills, roasts and cheeses. All pasta dishes, grilled and roasted meat, tasty cheeses.
A light-bodied red grape widely grown on the south-eastern coast of Sicily. Frappato does not grow anywhere else and has an earthy and delicate yet fruity texture. The grape is of great historical importance, both for its wines and its legislative influence. In 2005, the Cerasuolo di Vittoria region became Sicily’s first and only DOCG. Cerasuolo di Vittoria wines are a blend of Frappato and the region’s main grape, Nero d’Avola.
Cherry-colored, aromatic and low in tannins, varietal Frappato wines are light-bodied and slightly reminiscent of good Gamay or Pinot Noir Grapes. However, Frappato is found in more blended wines than varietal examples, and this is where the variety really shines.
Born from the happy marriage between the Sicilian and international Frappato Syrah, expressed in net scents of red fruit and intense ruby color around the Mediterranean warmth.
Featured Past Wine Deals
- Emerson Brown III Michaels Vineyard Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
Featured on July 20, 2006
- Sebastiani Vineyards & Winery Zinfandel Sonoma County 2012
Featured on November 21, 2006LAST CHANCE!Buy Now
9 bottles left
- Domaine Lafage 'Tessellae' Old Vines Rouge Cotes du Roussillon 2013
Featured on May 31, 2013LAST CHANCE!Buy Now
13 bottles left
- Tom Eddy 'Tenz' Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2013
Featured on March 7, 1998LAST CHANCE!Buy Now
12 bottles left
- Canalicchio di Sopra Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009
Featured on April 9, 2009LAST CHANCE!Buy Now
10 bottles left
- Tinazzi Feudo di Santa Croce 'Celebration LXXIV' Primitivo di Manduria Puglia 2010
Featured on August 18, 2013
- Domaine de L'arnesque Cotes Du Rhone Blanc 2012
Featured on October 25, 2013
- Bodegas Rafael Palacios 'Louro do Bolo' Godello Valdeorras 2012
Featured on January 17, 2014LAST CHANCE!Buy Now
15 bottles left